Why do some guitars have more Musik Styles and/or Pickup Selectors than others?
- The main reason is, unfortunately, we suffered a massive HD crash during initial launch and many files got corrupted. Due to the nature of our acquisitions and partners loaning us the guitars, some styles were lost on some models. Since our ultimate goal is to have all the guitars on the market added, these missing styles and tracks will be added as soon as we re-acquire access to those exact models.
- A second reason might be on many hollow-body guitars, the feedback is too extreme for gain/distortion musik styles. We tried our best to tame the feedback but if a certain model just wasn’t having it, it was left out.
Will there be more guitar brands/models added to the library?
- Why of course! That is one of our biggest commitments. We will be adding at least one new model per month to increase value for potential and current subscribers. On the front page we have a request form where you can submit a particular model/brand you’d like to see!
How did you determine which models to add initially to library?
- We did extensive retailer research and our main guideline to start the festivities is to add the best selling models from all the major brands and then move on from there to others dependent on user-requests/and editor wishlists.
Can I have my personal guitars added to the library for comparison?
- This is something we want to make happen in the future. Currently we don’t have the resources to pull this off remotely, but if you are in the SF Bay Area, CA. It is surely possible and you can contact us about it to learn about benefits.
What is the setup used to record the high definition samples?
Sound Mapping Lab Setup:
Amplifier: Blackstar ID:260TVP
Microphone 1: Sennheiser MD 421-II
Microphone 2: Sure SM57
Master Track Sample Rate: 96khz, 24-bit
Headphones Used for Mastering: Sennheiser HD-650 & Beyerdynamic DT990.
Mastering DAC: Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus
Mastering Amplification: Ray Samuels Emmeline The Darkstar.
Compare Page Compressed Sample Rates: 320kbps (MP3) & 350kbps (OGG) — 16-bit, 44.1khz
Strings: D’Addario XL when possible, Stock otherwise.
Picks: Dunlop 0.73 Tortex, Dunlop 0.93 JH Ultex
I/O Interface: Apogee Duet Mac
Drum Machine: Korg Pandora Mini
DAW: Logic Pro X
Patch Cables: DiMarzio
Guitar Cable: Mogami
Microphone Cables: Mogami